Monday, April 4, 2011

Unusually Cool Manila Morning

It must be true what the weather experts here in the Philippines said in their announcement that it is going to be a short and cooler summer this year. I just awoke to quite a cool morning that I decided to take my usual bath a little later and instead have some nice cup of coffee. I checked on the internet for the temperature in the city of Manila and it says 26 degrees at around 7 o’clock in the morning. This is definitely a welcome surprise!

Manila City and the rest of the country is hot and humid, even so sweaty, at the time when the summer season arrives. This is the time when most malls are full of people just to take advantage of their cool ambiance. More and more people troop to the Manila Bay for some supposedly cool dip in its dingy, polluted and hence unhealthy waters. The more conscientious ones go to other cleaner (read: less dirty) beaches and springs of Cavite, Batangas and Laguna provinces.

Hopefully the pleasant weather stays around much further up until June or July or up to October even. How I wish I am not pushing my luck too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment