Thursday, March 31, 2011

One Peso Philippine Bill



I got this 1949 one-peso Philippine bill, with the face of the one of the Philippines' national heroes Apolinario Mabini, on one of the most popular pishpishim (flea markets) in Tel Aviv Israel. I thought I had a great find in terms of its monetary value. It turns out that the Philippine peso's worth at eBay is 50 pesos, or a little more than one dollar. I bought it from pishpishim at 20 NIS, which is roughly $5. Ha! Ha! Anyways, even if the bill turns out to be expensive, I wouldn't part with it as I thought it is cool to have something important from my country's past that I can hold on to. Kind of crumpled and even worn-out, the bill definitely deserves a mention here at My City of Manila blog, if only because if it historical value and overall significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment